Directed by Vignesh Shivn, the film is a romantic comedy centred on Vijay Sethupathi’s character Rambo, who is in a relationship with women played by Samantha and Nayanthara.
Box office: Kaathu Vaakula Rendu Kaadhal grosses Rs34.2 crore in four days worldwide
Chennai - 04 May 2022 14:08 IST
Samantha Ruth Prabhu’s latest Tamil release Kaathu Vaakula Rendu Kaadhal, which also stars Vijay Sethupathi and Nayanthara, has had a solid start at the box office, grossing Rs22.3 crore in four days in Tamil Nadu.
Directed by Vignesh Shivn, the film is a romantic comedy centred on Vijay Sethupathi’s character, Rambo, who is in a relationship with women played by Samantha and Nayanthara.
Despite knowing that he’s cheating on them, the women go on to fight for Rambo's affection.
The film has seen its fair share of criticism for endorsing polyamory.
Watched trailors and promotions of the recent tamil film “Kaathuvaakula rendu kaathal”. I have a script with a female protagonist who is polyamorous, pan sexual and sex positive. Any Producers? Any super hero or lady hero actors? Any takers please?— Leena Manimekalai (@LeenaManimekali) April 27, 2022
Reviews for #KRK have seen many men rain down on the female perspective reviews, asking why should you view everything through the prism of gender. Kind sir, for the same reason you might like something, we might not, no? Because we all view it through our experiences.— Subha Jayanagaraja (@subhajrao) April 28, 2022
Samantha said in an AMA session on Twitter that she enjoyed being part of the movie.
“I wanted to be a part of a film that made people smile, not think, not over-analyze or dissect,” she wrote.
Recently, in an interview with the portal Galatta Plus, Vignesh opened up about the criticism, saying, “I don’t know much about [subjects] like feminism and sexism. I just make movies to entertain. I faced backlash even with Paava Kadhaigal (2020). For me, entertainment is the main goal, and I move the story towards that. Even when we write a song, the first priority is to make it a hit; 90% of my thoughts are about whether the scene is enjoyable. And other things come within the remaining 10%. I don’t know if I am mature enough to balance the fun.”
As per industry tracker Sreedhar Pillai, the film has grossed Rs34.2 crore in four days worldwide.
#KaathuVaakulaRenduKaadhal— Sreedhar Pillai (@sri50) May 2, 2022
Emerges to be people’s favourite across the globe doing unheard numbers!
WW Gross : ₹34.2 cr
TN : ₹22.3 cr #KRK Rock steady on Monday!@VijaySethuOffl #Nayanthara@Samanthaprabhu2 @anirudhofficial @VigneshShivN @Rowdy_Pictures @7screenstudio pic.twitter.com/BvpT8LIepM