The fire, that killed an audio assistant, had reportedly started close to the studio's generator.
We need to get serious about safety precautions: Vatsal Sheth on Cinevista Studios fire
Mumbai - 08 Jan 2018 9:33 IST
Updated : 9:52 IST
An audio assistant was killed in the massive fire at the Cinevista Studios in Mumbai. The fire began on Saturday, 6 January, evening and the charred body of the technician was found on Sunday morning, according to reports.
Vatsal Sheth, a film and television actor, who regulary shoots at the studio said, "I was shooting at Madh Island. And the set for our serial Haasil was not affected by the fire. But the adjoining set where another serial Beypanhaa was being shot was completely gutted."
The actor also added that it's time safety precautions are taken care of before another such incidents occurs. "We don't take the dangers seriously or maybe we are just not aware of the risk factors, especially the fire hazards. We keep shooting without caring about the work conditions. We all need to get more serious about safety precautions at our work place before another catastrophe happens," he said.
According to the BMC (Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation) Disaster Control, the fire erupted in the studios in Kanjurmarg area of north Mumbai around 8pm and at least 12 fire tenders were rushed to the spot.
The fire was confined to a 3,000 square feet ground plus first floor area of the studio where shootings are usually held.
The fire had reportedly started somewhere close to the studio's generator, leaving the electric wiring, lights and other studio equipments gutted in the blaze.
Cinevista Studios is owned by former actor Prem Kishen and his filmmaker-son Siddharth P Malhotra.
Last September, a shooting floor in the famous RK Studios in Mumbai's Chembur, had been reduced to ashes along with some priceless memorabilia.