News Hindi

Hrithik Roshan on Kangana: We have worked together, but there has been no meeting in private


In a long statement, the Kaabil actor defended himself in the legal battle with Kangana, saying that she had not submitted electronic devices to the police like he had.

Photos: Shutterbugs Images

Our Correspondent

Days after Rakesh Roshan stated that the truth in the Hrithik Roshan v/s Kangana Ranaut legal battle would soon be out, Hrithik Roshan has issued a long statement on Twitter.

Rakesh Roshan: We don't believe in making wild unsubstantiated statements

Hrithik stated that he believes in ignorances, but compared this controversy to a health issue that can turn malignant if ignored.

“Just like a health issue sometimes ignored can turn malignant, this situation for me has unfortunately turned malignant,” Hrithik said.

The Kaabil (2017) actor has categorically denied that he met Ranaut in private, leave alone have an affair.

“The truth is I have never met the lady in question one on one in my entire life. Yes, we have worked together, but there has been no meeting in private. That’s the truth,” Hrithik wrote in the statement.

For the first time, Hrithik opened up saying that there is just no evidence to back the alleged affair claim nor the alleged engagement in Paris.

“An alleged 7-year long passionate affair between two high profile celebrities with no trial behind,” remarked Hrithik.

“No evidence, no papparazi picture, no witnesses, not even a memento in possession like a selfie taken at the alleged engagement which is claimed to have happened in Paris in January 2014. Nothing that constitutes an exchange or any sort of proof of a romantic relationship,” added the Mohenjo Daro (2016) actor.

Hrithik backed his claim saying that he never travelled outside the country in 2014. He wrote, “My passport details show no travel outside the country in January 2014, which is the date that this alleged engagement supposedly took place in Paris.”

Ranaut had earlier told India TV news channel that the cyber crime cell had found no imposter, as alleged by Hrithik, and mentioned "nil" in their report.

Hrithik stated that the matter was far from over and he had submitted documents supporting their case.

“I have surrendered all my devices including laptop/phones etc which are still lying with the cyber cell, but the other has refused to do so. The investigation hasn’t been closed,” disclosed the Kaabil actor.

According to Hrithik’s lawyer Mahesh Jethmalani, Ranaut sent a barrage of emails to Hrithik throughout 2014, which amounts to cyber stalking. On Monday (2 October), Hrithik’s lawyers Jethmalani and his associate Amna Usman said the complaint submitted to the cyber crime department focussed on the contents of these emails, numbering around 1,400.

On Wednesday (4 October), reacting to the development, Kangana’s lawyer Rizwan Siddiqui said, “The private complaint made by Mr Hrithik Roshan, which has been brought on record belatedly, has now been perused, and in reply to the same, my client only states that the sequence of events and the facts of the case speak for itself.”

Siddiqui further said that if Hrithik wanted to “really clear his name and if this is the reason to bring the private complaint on record after six months, then he ought to answer the questions that were publicly put to him in April 2016 instead of using such diversionary tactics”.

Meanwhile, the actor also spoke about the bias towards women in this matter.

He wrote, “I have been harassed by this for 4 years and the well meaning and probably necessary social bias towards women has deemed me helpless in defending myself.”

The actor thanked the women around him, including his former wife Sussanne, who have all "stood by him in this trying hour".

“We are taught to protect the woman, as we should. I have been brought up to think the same way. By my parents and the wonderful women in my life who have been my rock and support system. I’m deeply grateful to them,” Hrithik said.

Here's the full three-page statement: