Remixed for Badrinath Ki Dulhania, 'Tamma Tamma Loge' was originally a hit featuring Sanjay Dutt and Madhuri Dixit.
'Tamma Tamma Loge' song: 6 interesting things to know about the original from Thanedaar
Mumbai - 10 Feb 2017 18:10 IST
The trend of remixing or remaking old songs in new films continues to grow. Although this practice is being criticised by some, makers are happy to indulge in the fad, film after film. Shashank Khaitan’s Badrinath Ki Dulhania is the latest film to hop onto the remake bandwgon. The famous ‘Tamma Tamma Loge’ track from Thanedaar (1990) has been recreated in the film with Varun Dhawan and Alia Bhatt.
Sanjay Dutt and Madhuri Dixit's Thanedaar came nearly 27 years ago. So, for the sake of the current generation that might not be familiar with Thanedaar, we have listed six things from the original ‘Tamma Tamma Loge’ that you may not know.
1. Director duo Abbas-Mastan had decided to remake the song in their thriller, Players (2012). But they couldn’t go ahead with it because of time restraints.
2. ‘Tamma Tamma Loge’ was remixed in the English album Bom Bass by Amit and San J. The song was titled ‘Tammah Tammah (Carnival Mix).'
3. Not many would know that choreographer Saroj Khan used actor Javed Jaffrey as Dutt’s body double for one dance sequence since the Vaastav actor wasn’t finding it comfortable. In a recent interview, Khan said that she was sure Dhawan would dance better than Dutt.
4. The song is lifted from Guinean singer Mory Kante’s track ‘Tama.’ Interestingly, the tune of the famous ‘Jumma Chumma De De’ song from Hum (1991) is similar to ‘Tamma Tamma Loge.’ Laxmikant-Pyarelal were the composers in that film. A controversy had erupted when the song came out.
5. Director Sanjay Gupta was the assistant director on Thanedaar. He bonded with Dutt during the making and made a number of films with the actor later on.
6. It is said that the famous chair sequence from the song is inspired from Janet Jackson’s ‘Miss You Too Much’ song.