News Hindi

Lighting technician dies on sets of Anushka Sharma’s Pari

Shahabe Alam, who worked in the lighting department, came in contact with a live wire on the sets and was electrocuted.

Our Correspondent

The third film from Clean Slate Films, produced by actress Anushka Sharma, is currently under production in Korolberia, Kolkata. A technician, Shahabe Alam, was electrocuted in a tragic accident on the sets on Tuesday, 29 August. Reportedly, the accident took place around a bamboo bush on the location, after the shooting had been completed for the day.

Alam, who worked in the lighting department, was taken to the nearest hospital where he was declared dead. All work on the film has been halted. Directed by first-time director Prosit Roy, Pari stars Sharma and actor Parambrata Chatterjee in the lead roles.

Karnesh Sharma, Anushka’s brother and the co-owner of Clean Slate Films, said in a statement released on Wednesday, “In a very unfortunate incident while shooting yesterday, we lost one of our unit members, Sh. Shahabe Alam from the Lighting Department. Despite our best efforts and medical assistance, he could not be saved. We are collaborating with the authorities and his family to make all requisite arrangements for his last rites. We share their grief and stand by them in this time of great personal loss.”

Karnesh also stated that Clean Slate Film was in touch with the concerned union and would compensate Alam’s next of kin as per the union. He also added, “We would also like to clarify that there are several rumours doing the rounds about the negligence on part of the deceased which led to the unfortunate incident. However, we would like to set the record straight that he had complied with all necessary safety norms and this was just an extremely unfortunate accident.”

Pari is due to be released in February next year. The delay in shooting might affect its release date.