A fire broke out in Kamal Haasan's residence on East Coast Road in Chennai on Saturday. The actor, and other members of the household, escaped to safety in time.
Kamal Haasan narrowly escapes fire at Chennai home, no one hurt
08 Apr 2017 10:41 IST
Actor Kamal Haasan had a lucky escape after a fire broke out at his East Coast Road residence on the outskirts of the city in the early hours of Saturday.
Sources reported that accident happened on the third floor of the actor’s house at around 00.30 hrs on Saturday. The accident occurred after a refrigerator on the third floor burst. Flames and fumes spread causing damage to an air conditioner on the floor.
Thankfully, no one was hurt in the accident. Kamal Haasan himself had a narrow escape.
The actor tweeted about the accident on his social media account saying, “Thanks to my staff. Escaped a fire at my house. Lungs full of smoke, I climbed down from the third floor. I am safe. No one hurt. Goodnight “
Thanks to my staff. Escaped a fire at my house. Lungs full of smoke, I climbed down from the third floor. I am safe No one hurt . Goodnight— Kamal Haasan (@ikamalhaasan) April 7, 2017
Thanks for all the love and concern. Now off to sleep. Good night indeed:)— Kamal Haasan (@ikamalhaasan) April 7, 2017
Haasan has been in mourning after the passing away of his brother, Chandrahaasan, last month. On the work front, the actor is yet to resume shooting for the bilingual, Sabash Naidu, due to a leg injury last year.