The Ajay Devgn and Vivek Oberoi-starrer is one of the best underworld sagas made in mainstream Hindi cinema.
15 years of Company: 10 best dialogues from Ram Gopal Varma’s underworld saga
Mumbai - 15 Apr 2017 11:30 IST
Updated : 13:09 IST
Company is one of the best underworld dramas to have been made in mainstream Hindi cinema. So, needless to say, it is also considered one of the best works of Ram Gopal Varma. Starring Ajay Devgn, Vivek Oberoi, Mohanlal, Manisha Koirala and Antara Mali, the film showed a different side of the Mumbai underworld.
Instead of making it a tussle between gangsters and police or two rival gangs, it showed the consequences of a bloody rivalry between members of a single gang, born out of ego clashes. Company was loosely based on real life gangsters and friend-turned-foes Dawood Ibrahim and Chhota Rajan. Just four years prior to this film, Varma had made of the most iconic underworld sagas, Satya (1998). With Company, he showed that he could make a completely different film on the same genre just a few years later.
Apart from a compelling narrative and stellar performances, Company also boasted some effective dialogues by Jaideep Sahni. What makes the lines special is that the conversation is kept real and to the point but at the same time highly appealing.
The film completes 15 years today. On its important anniversary, here are 10 best dialogues from Varma's underworld saga:
- Aaj se tu aur teri yeh company khallas! (Vivek )
- Agar company mere bina chal sakti hai toh main bhi company ke bina chal sakta hoon. (Oberoi)
- Har insaan ke andar ek raakshash hota hai. Bas kuchh log use baahar nikaalne se darte nahin (Ajay Devgn)
- Kaun bola tere ko police humesha kanoon ke andar kaam karti hai? (Mohanlal)
- Humare dhandhe mein ek galti ko maaf karna… us se bhi badi galti hai. (Devgn)
- Company mein hai toh company mein reh. Uska maalik mat ban. (Ganesh Yadav)
- Yahan koi bhi jab chahe bharti ho sakta hai. Lekin istifa nahin de sakta. (Devgn)
- Maut se zyada, maut ka darr kaam ka hai. (Devgn)
- Ab tak joh khoon is company ko banane mein laga na, wohi khoon is company ko barbaad karne mein lagega. (Oberoi)
- Khaas aadmiyon ko yeh bhi yaad dilana chahiye, ki woh kabhi bhi aam ho sakte hain. (Mohanlal)