The two young actors, often pitted as rivals, came together for the first time for the latest season of Karan Johar’s talk show.
10 outrageous things Ranveer Singh, Ranbir Kapoor said on Koffee with Karan
Mumbai - 28 Nov 2016 12:09 IST
The two most sought-after heroes of the Hindi film industry, Ranveer Singh and Ranbir Kapoor, appeared together on filmmaker Karan Johar’s show Koffee With Karan. Johar called their appearance a “koffee coup” and their banter together had him at times bewildered, aflutter and eventually, rolling in laughter.
Kapoor and Singh walked onto the set brandishing Johar’s shoes from his dressing room before claiming that they were there to save Johar's show. The rest of the show had the actors and the host in splits as they talked about their love life, their films and their equation with the film industry. Below are the most outrageous things, they said while on the show.
1. When Ranveer compared Karan’s glittery and glamorous shoes to the budget of Dostana 2.
Singh also warned Johar if he said anything out of line, he would throw the pilfered shoe from the dressing room at him. Singh also scolded Johar for not carrying himself like a senior filmmaker. Kapoor backed up Singh saying, “Confession is good for your soul, but it is very bad for our career.”
2. “They are perfect to each other’s energies and I’m really happy for them. I hope that they can really see this through and make some awesome babies together. I hope their babies like me and I’m their favourite actor.” — Kapoor
Kapoor told the show and Johar to stop alluding to his former relationship to actress Deepika Padukone (now dating Ranveer Singh) which ended almost eight years ago. To that effect, he told Singh he hoped the two make “some awesome babies together”. Singh tried his best not to break into laughter saying, “I don’t know why today, of all days, Ranbir has decided to say something out of line." He also accused the other two of being “in cahoots”.
3. “You’re such a lusty guy. Everything you say is lewd and lascivious.” — Singh
Singh called Johar a Ken doll and told Johar what he wouldn’t give to see him wear a pair of white hot pants! The remarks brought Kapoor to tears, tears of laughter that is! Singh later blamed it on too much coffee, saying “I’m tripping balls! Sometimes, when you have enough coffee, you see shit.”
4. Johar sleeps in boxers, Singh sleeps naked while Kapoor sleeps in pyjamas and t-shirt.
The nation would not have rested until we knew this information.
5. “Being single is boring, if you want space, you should join NASA.” — Kapoor
Johar asked the question that was on everyone’s mind — are the young in-demand actors single? Kapoor was quite honest, while Singh refused to go out and say he was dating Deepika instead stating, “I’m the best boyfriend in the world!”
6. “My conscience is very clear because I’ve never used it.” — Kapoor
Kapoor admitted to getting insecure in relationships and revealed that he’s had his phone checked all the time. Johar said that Kapoor had been nearly celibate for a long time and that was needed for him to reinvent himself. Singh rubbished them both saying: “That did not ring true at all!”
7. “The truth is, that’s actually you, Saba is you!” — Singh
After the two stars imagined what kinds of acting roles Johar could play, they made Johar say Aishwarya Rai Bachchan’s dialogue, “Main kisi ki zaroorat nahin, khwaish bana chahti hoon”, from Ae Dil Hai Mushkil (2016), suggesting that he was his own inspiration for the role.
8. “Pucker up, baby, I’ve done a lot of blasphemous shit!” — Singh
For a new segment, Arjun Kapoor was the object of desire between the two, and they had to plant a kiss on him every time Johar mentioned blasphemous situations they had been in — from being a part of the mile high club to drunk dialling an ex. Arjun said he felt violated, but gamely adjudged Kapoor as the better kisser because he was clean shaven. Singh jokingly took affront to that!
9. If Singh were stuck in an elevator with Katrina Kaif, Anushka Sharma and Deepika Padukone, he’d gossip about Kapoor.
Even Kapoor raised his eyebrow to Singh's answer to his rapid fire question by Johar.
10. “Paris is a cold place. We shot in this banquet hall, the AC was on. So I had to stuff, I’m just like saving the post production cost and headache. Otherwise, they’ll have to do VFX on my red chilli.” — Singh
Singh won the rapid fire round, stealing the show, with this comment alone. Referring to Shah Rukh Khan’s comment on his padded underwear from Befikre. Singh’s statement had both Kapoor and Johar in splits.