The celebrity couple was in a no-holds-barred mood on the popular television chat show.
10 startling revelations Akshay-Twinkle made on Koffee With Karan
Mumbai - 14 Nov 2016 13:04 IST
Updated : 13:28 IST
Akshay Kumar and Twinkle Khanna have time and again proved that they aren’t an ordinary couple. This became more evident during their conversation on the show, Koffee With Karan, last night. The husband-wife duo were in a no-holds-barred mood as they let out a number of secrets from their lives.
Let’s revisit them:
1. Khanna revealed that initially she intended her relationship with Kumar to be just a fling. However, it transformed into love and they finally got married.
2. Coming to their marriage, the couple revealed that they could marry only because Khanna's Mela, where she was cast opposite Aamir Khan, flopped. According to Kumar, he would have had to wait if the film had succeeded. Khanna was quite sure the film would be a hit.
3. Even Johar's big secret was out in the open on the show. He revealed that Khanna was the only woman he has ever loved. He had a crush on her when both of them were in boarding school together.
4. To this, Mrs Funnybones added that at that time she had a moustache, which she got removed later through surgery.
5. During their boarding school days, Khanna had instigated Johar to run away as he was homesick.
6. Khanna had put a condition before Kumar — if he doesn’t start doing good films, she won’t have their second child.
7. During an event, Khanna had unbuttoned Kumar's jeans as part of a promotional activity. A few days later, when the Khiladi was getting ready to receive the Padma Shri award, Dimple Kapadia, Khanna's mother, called up to inform that there was a police complaint against both of them for obscenity. Their lawyer made sure that while Kumar walked away with a clean chit, in spite of it being his idea for Khanna to unbutton his trousers, his wife got fined.
8. Khanna revealed that she had a big role in shaping Rani Mukerji’s career. Johar had earlier offered the character of Tina to Khanna. However, she refused and the role eventually went to Mukerji.
9. It seems Kumar is concerned about the content of Khanna's books. That’s the reason he proofreads the manuscripts before sending them to the publisher.
10. Kapadia once thought Kumar was gay when she saw him taking acupressure treatment from someone. Plus, a gay journalist once told her about the actor being homosexual.