When Aamir Khan showed his less explored funny side.
From crying at films to Sultan and Dangal similarities: Aamir's 14 revelations on Koffee With Karan
Mumbai - 19 Dec 2016 14:24 IST
Apart from being a phenomenal performer, Aamir Khan also has that image of being in a different space as compared to other stars of his league. Be it because of being over-analytical or a meticulous thinker, even when it comes to the smallest of the tasks.
So, not surprisingly, his presence at Karan Johar’s Koffee With Karan produced a different atmosphere than the other episodes. His on-screen daughters in his upcoming flick, Dangal, Fatima Sana Shaikh and Sanya Malhotra, added to the laughter.
These are 14 interesting moments from the episode:
- Aamir confessed that he doesn’t sleep three weeks before the release of an important film. As he needs company till 5 or 5.30 am, he calls up his friends like Johar, Ranbir Kapoor, Ayan Mukerji, etc. But the most useful is Jackie Shroff who stays in his building. Aamir revealed, “He is great company.”
- Having seen Dangal, Johar announced that it’s the best film of 2016. To this, a frightened Aamir said, “You are making me more scared.”
- When Aamir saw the trailers of Salman Khan’s Sultan, he was worried that it might be similar to Dangal. So, he called up Aditya Chopra to clear things. As soon as Chopra said, “Mine is a love story,” Aamir heaved a sigh of relief as he realised the film isn’t similar to Dangal.
- Aamir was praying that Sultan becomes a big hit. Because, he said, “So that people would compare and would like to watch Dangal.”
- Aamir confessed that the last time when he was on the show, which was his first appearance, he wasn’t happy to be there. However, by the time the show ended, he felt he enjoyed himself.
- Aamir is known to weep after films that he loved. But he cleared the air saying, “Just because I cried doesn’t mean I loved the film.” This brings back memories of him crying after watching Imran Khan’s Katti Batti (2015). As the film received a thumbs down after it released, can we infer that Aamir was referring to this film?
- Malhotra and Shaikh bonded before they were selected for the roles because both suffer from Obsessive Compulsion Disorder (OCD). Later they came to know that even Aamir suffers from the same. This helped them bond with the 50-year-old actor too. Aamir confessed, “I am the king of OCD.”
- Malhotra and Shaikh were called at Aamir’s house a month after they auditioned. Both girls were sure they wouldn’t get selected and they believed that it was their first and the last visit at Aamir’s place. So, in order to capture the moment, they took lots of pictures of his house.
- Aamir and Malhotra cried after watching the trailer of Dangal for the first time on YouTube, while Shaikh wondered what was wrong with them. Johar, too, found it weird to see someone crying after watching their film’s trailer on YouTube.
- Aamir shocked the other three people by revealing that he is secretly a sex therapist.
- During the rapid fire round, Aamir said he would like to act with Shah Rukh Khan in a two-hero film.
- In the same segment, Aamir refused to answer whether Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Sunny Leone and Kareena Kapoor are hot because they are married. He justified, “Achha nahin lagta yeh sab.”
- During the quiz show, it was realised that Aamir hasn’t heard famous songs, ‘Anarkali Disco Chali,’ ‘Aunty Police Bula Legi’ and ‘Tatad Tatad.’
- Aamir said he would take advice from Akshay Kumar as to where to invest money since he is the richest Bollywood star.