The identity of Salman's romantic interest in Kabir Khan's film has finally been revealed. And here's some dope on her.
6 things you should know about Salman Khan’s Tubelight co-star Zhu Zhu
10 Aug 2016 11:58 IST
Director Kabir Khan managed to keep the identity of the Chinese actress starring opposite Salman Khan in Tubelight a mystery for quite some time. But as shooting for the film finally began in Ladakh a few days ago, the name of the lead actress in the historical film has finally been revealed. The lady in question is a gorgeous Chinese star named Zhu Zhu.
The love story of Salman and Zhu Zhu’s characters unfolds against the backdrop of the 1962 Indo-Sino War. The latest picture of the two from the sets of the film in Ladakh is proof that the two actors make a cute, albeit unconventional pair.
Obviously everyone’s curious about who Salman’s new leading lady really is, and we’ve got some interesting information on her for you.
1) Zhu Zhu is a 32-year-old Chinese actress who first rose to fame as a VJ for MTV China in 2005.
2) She is also a singer, and released her maiden album in 2009.
3) She has a degree in electronics and information engineering from the Beijing Technology and Business University. And she pursued designing before turning VJ, and then transitioned into acting.
4) She has starred in supporting roles in Hollywood movies such as The Man with the Iron Fists, Shanghai Calling and Cloud Atlas.
5) Zhu starred in American TV series Marco Polo, which premiered on Netflix in December 2014. She plays Ko Ko Chin, the blue princess, who is Marco Polo’s love interest. The second season premiered recently (July 2016).
6) The gorgeous actress loves travelling and the outdoors, including activities like horseriding. Her show Marco Polo was shot across Kazakhstan, Italy, Malaysia and other countries, giving her the opportunity to travel. The actress' several breathtaking pictures on Instagram are proof. Right now, she is going gaga over the natural beauty of Leh and Ladakh.